Jennifer Fenton Weishaupt is a Co-Founder & CEO of Ruby Slipper Restaurant Group
Jennifer Weishaupt brings what might seem like unexpected experience to her role as CEO of Ruby Slipper Restaurant Group. A chemical engineer, Jennifer “retired” from Shell Oil Company in 2015 with 16 years of service, most recently as Operations Manager for three oil & gas production platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. As Co-Founders of Ruby Slipper, she and her husband Erich brought their engineering systems mindset & management skills to grow the business from a single small neighborhood café in 2008 into an award-winning 18-unit restaurant group, now spanning five (5) states and two (2) sister brands (Ruby Slipper Café and Ruby Sunshine). As CEO, Jennifer oversees all aspects of restaurant operations, culture and future growth for the brands.
Jennifer stays engaged in her community where she recently completed a term of service on the Board of Directors of Liberty’s Kitchen and previously served on the Board of Directors of Morris Jeff Community School. Aside from her personal list of philanthropic endeavors and awards, Jennifer and Erich founded the Weishaupt Family Foundation in 2019 and the Lagniappe Krewe Emergency Relief Fund in 2020. They ensure that Ruby Slipper Restaurant Group stays committed to community involvement through fundraising events and support of local non-profits and businesses.
Awards & Accolades
- Nation’s Restaurant News Most Influential CEOs Reader’s Pick 2020
- Biz New Orleans Business People of the Year 2019
- Angel’s Place Guardian Angel Award 2019
- Festigals Hats Off Award 2019
- Gambit & POWER Women in Small Business Honoree 2019
- Nation’s Restaurant News Most Influential CEOs Reader’s Pick 2019
- Forbes InnerCity 100 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Nation’s Restaurant News Breakout Brands 2017
- New Orleans’ City Business Movers & Shakers Award 2016
- Downtown Development District Best Facade Renovation 2014
- Gambit Weekly’s 40 under Forty 2008
Jennifer Fenton Weishaupt is the recipient of the 2021 CUAA Peter Cooper Public Service Award.